- Do you suffer from chronic pain?
- Does the pain seem to have a life of its own?
- Does the pain move seemingly randomly?
- Are you plagued by severe fatigue?
- Are you afflicted with recurring headaches or migraines?
- Do you experience numbness or tingling in your arms and/or legs?
This is what it is like to suffer from Fibromyalgia.
It is characterized by widespread pain in muscles, and tissues rather than inflammation of the joints, muscles and tissues.
Symptoms are masked with over-the-counter medications. Prescription pills only provide temporary relief and more often than not, fail to work at all.
The struggle with fibromyalgia is that everyday it manifests new symptoms. Everyday can be is a constant battle.
- Chronic pain, muscle spasms, or tightness
- Severe fatigue, decreased energy
- Stiffness when waking up, or when staying in one position for a long period of time
- Difficulty concentrating and remembering “brain fog.”
- Bloating, nausea, constipation, and abdominal pain
- Migraine or tension headaches
- Anxiety and depression
- Sensitivity to odors, noise foods, cold, lights, or certain medications
- Numbness or tingling in the feet, legs, arms, hands and face
- Sensation of swelling in hands and feet
- Facial tenderness
- And the list keeps going…
According to Dr. Danial Clauw of the American Pain Society “fibromyalgia pain comes more from the brain and spinal cord than from areas of the body in which someone may experience peripheral pain. The condition is believed to be associated with disturbances in how the brain processes pain and other sensory information.”
Fibromyalgia is a central nervous system disorder. One in which all the nerves of the body carry pain signals to the brain almost incessantly.
Here at Achieve Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine in St. Petersburg, Florida, we have a solution.
We use non invasive, non pharmaceutical, integrative therapies to relieve patients of Fibromyalgia symptoms, one of which is Acupuncture.
Acupuncture is a form of Chinese medicine and uses fine needles to stimulate certain areas of the body. It is commonly used by people to reduce various forms of pain and works by reducing inflammation, stimulating the release of endorphins and will offer much needed effective symptom relief for Fibromyalgia.
Imagine increased energy!
Imagine finally having a doctor who genuinely listens to you, understands your condition, and can develop a personalized, comprehensive treatment plan.
And Get Back To Living Life At It's Fullest